[Dixielandjazz] Etymology of Jazz

G. William Oakley gwilliamoakley at wispertel.net
Mon Jun 8 11:43:20 PDT 2009

A veeeeeerrrryyy clever ploy, Scott. It was a terrific article and you
hooked me into becoming a member.

Isn't it amazing how dry and mundane reportage has become. Can you
imagine a contemporary sports reporter using the kind of language
Gleeson employs. I wonder why he didn't pick up on the Hickman
connection and tie the word into the music.

Thanks for turning me onto the article.

Best
Bill