[Dixielandjazz] The River Boat Five on a Swinging Date

Flip Oakes flip at flipoakes.com
Sun Jun 7 09:11:04 PDT 2009

Hello Dave,

I have 5 albums of the Riverboat 5, and I know Ed Reed fairly well... Give
him a call..

Ed Reed Contact info:
Ed Reed PO Box 1091 Vista, CA  760-726-1237

Ed Reed was the leader and the Clarinet player of the River Boat 5

>From Natchez To Mobil  Mercury Records 20378

Ed Reed Clarinet Leader
Wray Thomas Trombone
Jim Lunsford Drums
Ed Tedder Tuba
Ted Butterman Cornet
Dargan Fitch Banjo
Keller Merck Piano

The Riverboat 5  In Person Banjo Palace New Orleans Mercury SR60670

Only mentions Ed Reed Leader

The Riverboat 5 On Swinging Date  Mercury MG 20509

Yes it shows, Ray Bauduc (drums) and Nappy Lamar (banjo) are mentioned only
because they appear
 "courtesy of Capitol Records".

The Riverboat 5 Take The Train  Mercury MG 20422

No personal listed.

The Riverboat 5  Ma Their Comin Down The Street  Mercury MG 20379

Ed Reed Clarinet & Sax
Gene Thomas Trumpet
Jim Lunsford Trombone
Louis Tedder Piano
Ted Butterman Tuba & Bass
Milt Fitch Banjo
Keller Merck Drums

All The Best,

Flip Oakes

Flip Oakes
³Wild Thing Trumpets²
COME AND HEAR THE DIFFERENCE
http://www.flipoakes.com

³To read what Wild Thing Owners say about their horns, click on this²
http://www.flipoakes.com/testimonials.htm

Flip Oakes
2559 Mottino Dr.
Oceanside, Ca. 92056-3421
760-643-1501
760-643-1511 Fax

To Hear the Flip Oakes Wild Thing Trumpet go to
http://www.flipoakes.com/multimedia.htm

View Arturo Sandoval LIVE ! on YouTube

http://youtube.com/watch?v=u2Mo6L3iGvM&feature=related