[Dixielandjazz] A "young lad's" recollection of Peggy Lee

john petters jdpetters at btinternet.com
Fri Jul 24 21:50:38 UTC 2009

> But for a time, and Peggy Lee was a big part of that time, Capitol was
> the label to look to for some music for ears that understood the jazz
> artists' talents. Thank you, Peggy Lee, a "young lad" remembers it well.
> Don Ingle

Hi Don,
Interesting story.
Last year I had to give a presentation to the london Branch of the
Sinatra Society. I had already done my male vocalists lecture, so they
came up with the idea of the Capitol Jazz singers. There was a good
selection - Ella Mae Morse, Cow Cow Boogie, Anita O'Day, Louis Prima,
Bing and Louis - from High Society, and of course Peggy Lee. I also used
Kay Starr and Johnny Mercer, June Christie and Nat.
just demonstrates how much they contributed to jazz.

--
John Petters
Amateur Radio Station G3YPZ