[Dixielandjazz] An Inquiry

Iraj Kalantari ikalantari at gmail.com
Thu Jul 23 00:59:02 UTC 2009

Fellow Admirers,

I have a question for the group with good memory.

When TV first came to my home country (1957, Iran), there was not
much programming and many 'fillers'.

I do recall one 5 minute program in the form of a 'music video' of
current terminology.   That piece introduced a fascinating song and
music genre to
me and I would like to find the piece.

I do _suspect_ that the (black & white) film showed Peggy Lee
standing next
to a band of musicians singing (and snapping her fingers) with rather
minimalistic change of facial expression.  I vaguely recall
that the song had many repeats of what sounded to me as: "Gumba,
gumba, chero
...".

I have never heard that song since, nor seen that film.  Can anyone
help in
identifying that song?

Ira.