[Dixielandjazz] John Petters and Swing Dancers.

Stephen G Barbone barbonestreet at earthlink.net
Mon Jul 20 04:49:12 UTC 2009

>  john petters <jdpetters at btinternet.com> wrote:
>
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NFBhTndx0fQ
>
> Just uploaded this video of my 'young' Swing band playing for young
> people at the Goodnight Sweethearts Dance in Hertford, UK in February.
> Sound not too good due to a very lively acoustic and the noise of the
> dancers - but it does demonstrate that young audiences will go for
> swinging music in a big way if played with a give it one attitude.

Bravo John.

Great rendition, great to see the young people swing dancing, GREAT.
This is what the music is all about, eh? Those of us who play for
swing dancing in the USA can't help but salute you. I even saw Jim
Fryer taking swing dance lessons last month at a swing dance gig I
played with him. No flies on him. And the young ladies. . . . . sigh.

Cheers,
Steve Barbone