[Dixielandjazz] Australian Busker

Stephen G Barbone barbonestreet at earthlink.net
Fri Jul 17 15:39:23 UTC 2009

On Jul 17, 2009, at 10:21 AM, john petters wrote about:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9mjTH2X87kg

> Stephen G Barbone wrote:
>> Here's proof that Australians have eclipsed the Americans
>> musically. <grin> I'm sure Bill Haesler knows Catfish The Bottleman.
>
> Hey Steve, I can see you puttint this in your act! Brilliant!
> John Petters
> Amateur Raduio Station G3YPZ
> www.traditional-jazz.com

Hey John:

It is well suited for a drummer. <grin> You could set up the bottles
next to the drums and play a melody, or improvised, chorus. Kind of
like what Tony Spargo (Sbarbaro) did in later years at Nick's in NYC,
with his various Kazoos, in Pee Wee Erwin's band.

No doubt Pat Ladd would help out by drinking the beer thus emptying
the bottles for you.

BTW, for a good description of Sparbaro's drum kit and techniques, see:
http://www.answers.com/topic/tony-sbarbaro

Cheers,
Steve Barbone
www.myspace.com/barbonestreetjazzband