[Dixielandjazz] Old Grand Dad

Bill Haesler bhaesler at bigpond.net.au
Tue Jul 14 21:40:24 UTC 2009

Dear Bob,
"Old Grand Dad"!
Composed and recorded in New York by Fats Waller for Bluebird on
Thursday 11 April 1940.
(And recently added to our band's repertoire by our clarinetist Jack
Wiard.)
OK, we all know it refers to Fats' favourite beverage, but when you
are  finally asked to babysit the new arrivals, you may need a bottle
on hand for relaxation purposes.
Congratulations to you, young grandma and the happy parents.
Bill (with 7 grandkids aged 11 - 27 years).
PS: I was a twin, but he didn't survive long enough for me to know him.