[Dixielandjazz] By Ned, we invented the genre:

David Gannett evidence at otelco.net
Fri Jul 10 15:39:37 PDT 2009

Aye mate!   Or Davy Jones, one of the GREAT unsung cornet heros of the genre.  Wanna hear some absolutely SMOKIN'
Dixieland?  Listen to the The River Boat Five on a Swinging Date!  There have been some incredible bands that were never recorded or just did one or two albums, now only found by the diligent.  I'll soon have "Reedy Creek Romp" ready for download - ever heard of Gene Paulsen on tuba?  The Reedy Creek Band was the Rosie's band with Bill Allred before the club opened.  Dittos on Condon - phew!

Now fellas, my intent wasn't to give the impression that only American bands are great (because you and I both know MANY that truly suck!), but I stand by my assertion that ONLY an American band can deliver it the American way. This in now way detracts from the many great Aussie band, European groups et al.

Love poking that hornet's nest now and then...

Mr. Bison