[Dixielandjazz] Condon and "American Jazz".

Marek Boym marekboym at gmail.com
Fri Jul 10 15:05:05 PDT 2009

Whatever Condon might have said (and he was right), the recordings are
classics to this day.  Pity only the New Orleans ones are constantly
being reissued, and the swing ones (which Panassie considered less
important, because he considerd New Orleans "lost art" worthy of
preserving), with Franke Newton, Pete Brown and James P. Johnson are
rarely heard.
Cheers