[Dixielandjazz] Great Tuba Players

Keith Garner ckg at talktalk.net
Thu Jul 9 02:39:21 PDT 2009

Hi All

Thanks to those who replied confirming my recent test mail.

Robert Ringwald recently commented about the tuba of Dave Gannett; a few
months ago one of our local musicians discovered a recording by Sam Pilafian
and it word got round so quickly that after a month it was hard to find
anyone who hadn't listened to it and were very enthusiastic about it.

The CD is called "Makin' Whoopee" and with Pilafian has Frank Vignolo on
guitar and, on a couple of tracks Ken Peplowski on clarinet.  The CD is on
Telarc Records.

Regards
Keith Garner
www.jazzpzazz.co.uk