[Dixielandjazz] Oh, la la!

Steve Heist steveheist at earthlink.net
Mon Jul 6 20:02:35 PDT 2009

My Colo. Springs connection came about in 1978...  I accepted a 5 week
contract at a place called the Golden Bee...  (Broadmoor Hotel)
Left 3 years later - ha ha ha
But it was a good gig  -  back when the Tutts and the Penroses owned it -
not like now, under the auspices of Gaylord (Opryland...)
Last time I saw Max Morath - it was onboard the Delta Queen in St. Louis -
It was me, Trebor Tichenor and Max...  FUN
Am doing fine in French, it's the Quebecois that I have the trouble with...
They have such a THICK accent and speak the language VERY fast - when
Monique and her sister Suzanne start talking, I can barely understand them!
(I took 7 years of French in high school and college...)
But I'm sure I'll get the hang of it eventually LOL
ALL the Best,
Steve