[Dixielandjazz] Steve Heist's Marriage

Stephen G Barbone barbonestreet at earthlink.net
Mon Jul 6 13:25:02 PDT 2009

Hey Steve:

Congratulations. May you and your bride enjoy many years of happiness
together.

Martha and I will celebrate our 47th anniversary on August 4th. She is
often asked what it is like being married to a jazz musician and
replies: "There has never been a dull moment".

One reason for our happiness together is that we met in 1961 at a Jazz
nightclub where I was playing. We had that same band at our wedding a
year later and remember it like it was yesterday. Lee Gifford
Trombone, Kenny Butterfield, trumpet; Chuck Traeger, bass, Dick
Sherman, drums and Gerry Behrens, piano.

She always realized that "The Gig" would be her competition. I hope
you met your new bride on a gig. <grin>

Cheers,
Steve Barbone
www.myspace.com/barbonestreetjazzband