[Dixielandjazz] Ealing Comedies of the 1950s

pj.ladd pj.ladd at btinternet.com
Sat Jul 4 08:20:20 PDT 2009

Before Cap'n Bob bans discussion of the above>>

Re jazz on film.

I picked up a DVD at a market of Mell Brooks called To be or not to be`
Pretty funny in bits, including the invasion of Poland, but it starts with
Brooks and Ann Bancroft performing Sweet Georgia Brown, IN POLISH. with a
sort of jazzy band supporting. Well worth a listen just for its uniqueness.
Another bit which made me laugh was Brooks doing `To be... and then pausing
for dramatic effect, whereupon the prompter supplies..or not to be. and
Brooks stamps on his fingers.

Cheers

Pat.