[Dixielandjazz] "Cheer Up, Smile, Nertz!"

Bill Haesler bhaesler at bigpond.net.au
Fri Jan 30 15:46:04 PST 2009

Dear Steve,
As you know, I love a challenge and the Eddie Cantor recording of
"Cheer Up, Smile, Nertz!", used in the film 'Cinderella Man' kept
bothering me.
Particularly when I downloaded the lyrics from the internet:
"Cheer up, gentle citizens
Though you have no shirts
Happy days are here again
Cheer up, smile, nertz!"
Very familiar!
Yes. I have it!
Recorded for the cardboard Hit Of The Week series (Durium DeLuxe K6)
in Sept 1931.
Eddie Cantor with Phil Spitalny's Orchestra.
Also known as "The Ballyhoo (a humour magazine) Theme Song".
As no attachments are permitted on the DJML I will, hopefully, send an
mp3 separately for your information and enjoyment.
Kind regards,
Bill.