[Dixielandjazz] Shimme-Sha-Wabble

Gluetje1 at aol.com Gluetje1 at aol.com
Mon Jan 26 20:53:56 PST 2009

Hi Ken,
Looks like I may only add to your confusion.  Looking at chord chart  only
for arrangement done by Kit Johnson.  Begins in Cm.  At bar 16, 8  bars of Fm,
G7 (basically) take you to Bb7 & then the Eb chorus.   Nowhere in the tune is
the progression you describe below as bars 13 & 14 of  verse.

Then I just found it in Littlefield's FB Vol. II.  Basically jives  with Kit
Johnson's.  "A " Section is in Cm, 16 bars after a 4 measure  Intro Vamp.  8
bar B section is in Fm.
C is the Eb Solo Section.  Bars 13-14 of this section do go Eb / Eb7,  Ab /
Abm.

Ginny

In a message dated 1/26/2009 6:22:35 P.M. Central Standard Time,