[Dixielandjazz] Syncopation

John Petters jdpetters at btinternet.com
Mon Jan 26 01:28:42 PST 2009

Dear Bill & all,
I wonder if Rex felt uncomfortable with Bunny taking his solos. It does
make you wonder whether this was Jim Crow again - but odd that they
chose to show a black man on screen but use a white man to play his
solo, when you would have thought it would have been the other way round.
Rex of course would have been more than up to the job of performing both
roles.
As an aside, he did a pretty good interpreation of the Bix solo on
Singin' The Blues with Fletcher Henderson.
Keep swinging
John

--
John Petters