[Dixielandjazz] What's this about?

Ken Mathieson ken at kenmath.free-online.co.uk
Sun Jan 25 09:36:40 PST 2009

Hi folks,

I got the mail below and an identical one (timed at the same time) ostensibly in connection with a posting I had made to the list. As you can see, the sender made no attempt to identify himself, so I haven't responded to the invitation to reply, I've treated both mails as potentially malicious and zapped them. It could be perfectly genuine, in which case the sender should have identified him/herself. Alternatively, the list might be being used to propagate spam.

Ken Mathieson

Here's the message:

Hello,
You've just sent your first email to me since I've installed Bsafe Online's spam killer. For this first time only, please help me add your email address to my approved sender list.
Simply reply to this email with the following code in the subject line of your reply.

158ccf23

Thanks for your help!
evidence at otelco.net