[Dixielandjazz] Scratchy Grooves - Treasure Trove of OKOM.

Stephen G Barbone barbonestreet at earthlink.net
Mon Jan 19 14:22:52 PST 2009

Hi Thad: You and list members are welcome. Bill's son is tickled pink
that folks all over the world might now hear his dad's programs and
that wonderful music from his record collection. The original FM
station only carried about 30 miles around Newark Delaware. But all
were taped and Bill's son is converting them and uploading them onto
the computer. Bill was one of a kind.

On my Mac, using DSL, the programs download as mp3s and immediately.

If his son gets all the programs up and running over the next few
years, you'll hear quite a bit more. Even an old tape version of Sweet
Georgia Brown by Barbone Street circa 1990 or so.. <grin>

That collection is truly a marvel and an good listen to what was the
popular music of the the first 40 years of the 20th Century.

I especially like the theme of each show. For band leaders/musicians,
that is a great way to hear songs specific to things like Weather,
Love, Money, Springtime, Rain, etc.

Cheers,
Steve