[Dixielandjazz] Billy Bergs

Robert Ringwald rsr at ringwald.com
Fri Jan 16 22:39:31 PST 2009

Dick Cary told me about him appearing with Louis Armstrong at Billy Bergs in
or around '47 or '48.  I believe that it was about the time that the
All-Stars were first formed.

He mentioned it because he said that the song "Someday You'll Be Sorry" was
premiered there on that engagement.  There was a small printed copy of the
song on each table and he still had that copy.  We were talking about it
because we were discussing some of the chords in the song.

I remember he told me about he and Hines both being on the band at the
beginning of the all-stars.  Unfortunately I can't remember what he told me
about who left the band first and why.  And now he is gone so I'll never
know for sure.

--Bob Ringwald K6YBV
Note new e-mail address rsr at ringwald.com
530/642-9551
916/806-9551 Cell
www.ringwald.com
Fulton Street Jazz Band

Hear our new CD at:
www.fultonstreetjazz.com/music.htm

"Marriage is a relationship, in which one person is always right,
and the other is usually the husband."