[Dixielandjazz] Versatile Time machine travel

EDWIN COLTRIN boreda at sbcglobal.net
Thu Jan 15 21:41:35 PST 2009

Perhaps not as OKOM, but part of MKOM I would like to have been able to watch Ma Rainey and early Bessie in the tent shows, to feel the timbre of their voices and feeel what could have been the electric reaction in the crowd.

All you mates with discographies and recordings of the eras you speak of , , makes me hunger for most of the JRM  travel and others. I can only point to the bands that I saw in person or heard on records, hidden from my Father. That " N" music was not permitted in his house!!

But to see and hear the pre-Dawn club Lu Watters bnd was an early treat.

Slainte to all my Scotch dringing mates, Hope your Hogmanay was joyous

Ed Coltrin