[Dixielandjazz] Live versus Studio Recordings

Marek Boym marekboym at gmail.com
Wed Jan 14 15:19:10 PST 2009

I don't know whether it is bootlegging or not, but I am a compulsive
tapist.  True, my tapes bring back memories, but they sound EXCITING.
Moreover, I have a friend who does the same.  When I listen to her
recordings, they still cinvey the ambience of the live event, albeit
such recirdings fall far below "broadcast quality."

And I prefer the older ones, before they started amplifying pianos so
as to make them the loudest instrument in a band!

All of whidh does not prevent me from buying more recordings than I
have time to hear (I get to hear a record about once in four years).

Cheers