[Dixielandjazz] Making Love To The Audience

Gluetje1 at aol.com Gluetje1 at aol.com
Tue Jan 13 11:47:14 PST 2009

I agree with what Larry is saying with one exception.  That's the  stuff
about saxophone being the most sensuous, etc., except for possibly  the violin.
Apparently we all respond differently to different instruments  but it is rare
for a violinist to be the best at reaching my emotions or  chemicals.
Actually cello and string bass are much better if we're talking  strings.  No, I've
not heard cello playing Dixie, but there are string bass  musicians that can
make me swoon.  If we're talking horns or piano, any of  you guys have the
potential of doing that.  I believe it's been said  before, it is not the
instrument.  It is the way one uses it.

Wonder if women are more susceptible to music turning them on or turning
them off?  I remember a Dixie leader friend of mine talking about college
student audiences for his band.  He said something to the effect of the  guys not
knowing what to think of a trad band at dances but the gals  were really digging
it and pretty soon the guys were digging it because they  were digging their
girlfriends responses to it.

Just thought since we were already into a brouhaha on this topic, some
witchy female might as well jump in and stir the brew.
Ginny

In a message dated 1/13/2009 1:26:12 P.M. Central Standard Time,