[Dixielandjazz] Teachers: free Trad Jazz arrangement

Kent Murdick kmurdick at jaguar1.usouthal.edu
Mon Jan 12 08:39:46 PST 2009

Here's a trad jazz arrangement of an up tempo "Amazing Grace" I made for
8-12 grade. It's written for combo style, but surprisingly  it sounds
good when done by a larger band.  There is a  C, Bb, Eb, Bass Clef (C),
and Guitar/Bass bass parts included.  The head is written in two parts
for each instrument.  I have included three written out solos.  I can
play the solos on alto sax, so I assume the kids can too.  Let me know
what you tihink.  Be harsh.  Thanks.

Go to the site below and click on Amazing.

http://www.southalabama.edu/mathstat/personal_pages/murdick/stuff/Community%20Music%20School/Amazing%20Grace/

Kent Murdick