[Dixielandjazz] Fwd: Secretary of Arts for USA

BillSargentDrums at aol.com BillSargentDrums at aol.com
Mon Jan 12 06:33:49 PST 2009

<<we have a Minister for the Arts in the UK don`t we?  Haven`t  noticed much
money being deflected in the direction of jazz  though.

Classical orchestras. Ballet troupes. Art Galleries more likely.  Turkish
Belly Dancing Classes would probably do it as well.>>

As is the case with our local "Arts" supporting organization. Furthermore,
you have to have an "organization", usually with non-profit status to get
funds.  "Joe's Dixieland Band" doesn't qualify as "Arts"

Bill

In a message dated 1/12/2009 5:14:14 A.M. Central Standard Time,
and if  an Arts Czar can give us work then so be it.>>

Hi  Louis,

we have a Minister for the Arts in the UK don`t we?   Haven`t noticed much
money being deflected in the direction of jazz  though.

Classical orchestras. Ballet troupes. Art Galleries more  likely. Turkish
Belly Dancing Classes would probably do it as  well.

Cheers

Pat