[Dixielandjazz] audiences

Jim Kashishian jim at kashprod.com
Mon Jan 12 03:14:45 PST 2009

Steve writes:
>Making love is sexual overtones? Maybe so, but I always thought making love
was the basis for a lot of the Tin Pan Alley songs that OKOM bands play.

What on earth does that have to do with your first statement; that you "make
love to your audiences"?

Anyway, I give up.  Tonight is the first nite of a 7 nite gig.  I shall
entertain & please our audiences as usual. Insinuations to the contrary are
belittled by the fact that we have had a steadily working band for over 42
years now, and couldn't possibly do that without a pleased audience. Inspite
of our flowing crowd of tourists, we do get a steady following of people,
many who were with us in the early days back in the 1960's!

If anyone is interested in seeing photos of our audiences at two of our
local clubs, go to
http://www.kashprod.com/eng/index.php  Click on Photo Gallery, then Canal
Street Jazz Band, then scroll down to the second row of photos. Click on
each picture to see it in a large format. All happy faces, all ages.

I was a little disappointed that someone on djml didn't pick up & run with
my little essay on the 3 types of audience reactions.  I felt it was an
honest blurp about what a band can run into as far as audience
participation.  (Every night isn't always magic for anyone, in love or in
playing!)

Jim