[Dixielandjazz] Dixielandjazz Digest, Vol 73, Issue 14

Stephen G Barbone barbonestreet at earthlink.net
Sun Jan 11 20:30:53 PST 2009

> "Jim Kashishian" <jim at kashprod.com> polite snipAbout my theory that
> we make love to the audience)
>

> Yes, of course, and we do that making good, happy music. Why not
> just say
> "we please our audiences"? Why insert the sexual overtones?

Making love is sexual overtones? Maybe so, but I always thought making
love was the basis for a lot of the Tin Pan Alley songs that OKOM
bands play.

Like Makin Whopee, Lover, Lover Come Back to Me, My little Bimbo on
Bamboo Isle, Ain't Gonna Give Nobody None of My Jelly Roll, Everybody
Loves My Baby, All The Girls Go Crazy, A Good Man Is Hard To Find,
Hesitation Blues (Or is it Hesitating Blues) I'm Confessin, Careless
Love, I've Found A New Baby, I Want A Little Girl, Old Fashioned Love,
Oh Baby, Don't Say No, There's Yes Yes in Your Eyes, It's Tight Like
That. etc., etc., etc.

Damn those sexually addicted perverts who write this music. And all
the while I thought it was the Rockers and Rapsters who were to blame.

Cheers,
Steve Barbone
www.myspace.com/barbonestreetjazzband