[Dixielandjazz] Jon Erik Kellso & Friends

Stephen G Barbone barbonestreet at earthlink.net
Fri Jan 9 20:46:28 PST 2009

 >Ron L'Herault lherault at bu.edu  wrote (about the Kellso video)

 > Sounds like someone is clapping on "one" or thereabouts. 8-)

Mostly thereabouts I think. <grin>

Don't you hate it when that happens? We try and get the errant
clappers straightened out by looking at him/her/them and clapping on 2
and 4.

Reminds me of the time I played at an assisted living facility with a
trio and an old gentlemen sitting at a table right in front of us, two
feet away, had a large marionette which he could make tap dance on the
table top. We played Tea for Two for him.

However, he could not keep time with the marionette which drove the
guitarist and bass player crazy. I just closed my eyes tight and
played through it. Luckily one of the attendants realized what was
happening and she got the old gentleman to move by bringing some folks
in wheel chairs up to the front. I would not have had the heart to ask
him to stop on subsequent tunes.

Cheers,
Steve Barbone
www.myspace.com/barbonestreetjazzband