[Dixielandjazz] Big Sid Catlett & All the other drummers!

Bill Haesler bhaesler at bigpond.net.au
Thu Jan 8 19:32:36 PST 2009

BillSargentDrums at aol.com provided the following link:
> http://www.drummerworld.com/drummers/Big_Sid_Catlett.html

You rat Bill.
It contains a well written short biography and includes four film
clips, three of which I hadn't seen before.
(More research now, to find their origin.)
Then several audio clips from the First Esquire Concert at the
Metropolitan Opera House on 18 Jan 1944 (issued in 1994 on 2 Jazz
Unlimited CDs produced by DJMLer Carl Hällström).
And a reference to the Sid Catlett Classics CD 974 I had forgotten I
had.
Playing it now.
As if I haven't enough to do today.
8>)