[Dixielandjazz] Joshua Bell - was - Smell the Roses, Hear the Music

doctordubious at verizon.net doctordubious at verizon.net
Wed Jan 7 06:16:08 PST 2009

Pat Ladd writes . . .
Subject: Re: [Dixielandjazz] Joshua Bell - was - Smell the Roses, Hear the
Music

Plato, Socrates, Kant, Leibnitz....???

This is pretty esoteric stuff for a jazz list. Particularly at 10.45 in the
morning.

"I was reading Schopenhauer last night,
And whaddayou know I reckon Schopenhauer was right"

Quoted , probably wrongly, from Pal Joey
[Tom]
Rightly on, Pat . . . From "Zip" in Pal Joey . . . I recently saw the show
and here is the quote from a Google search . . .
"Zip! Walter Lippman wasn't brilliant today.

Zip! Will Saroyan ever write a great play?

Zip! I was reading Schopenhauer last night.

Zip! And I think that Schopenhauer was right. "

Regards,

Tom Duncan
Doctor Dubious and the Agnostics
PO Box 2118      Teaneck, NJ 07666
P   (201)836-6076     FAX   (201)833-4143
www.doctordubious.com

Our CD "Hot Jazz" available at venues or through CD Baby
http://cdbaby.com/cd/ddta