[Dixielandjazz] Memorial Concert for RICHARD M. SUDHALTER: Author, Musician, Jazz Historian

Dan Levinson SonsofRosy at aol.com
Wed Jan 7 02:08:38 PST 2009

I know I'm not a frequent presence on the DJML, but every once in a while I
have something I want to say just to you folks, and I'm grateful to have the
opportunity to do so via this list.

I wanted to let you all know about a memorial concert for Richard M.
Sudhalter I'm helping to organize for this Monday, January 12th at St.
Peter's Church in Manhattan.  Mr. Sudhalter was a distinguished cornetist
and author, and my friend for many years.  His books include Bix: Man and
Legend, Lost Chords, and Stardust Melody: The Life and Music of Hoagy
Carmichael.

The response to this event from friends and colleagues of Mr. Sudhalter has
been overwhelming.  You'll likely never see so many distinguished artists
under one roof:

Howard Alden, Donna Byrne, James Chirillo, Bill Crow, Armen Donelian, Bob
Dorough, Paquito D'Rivera, Peter Ecklund, Jim Ferguson, Chuck Folds, Carol
Fredette, Marty Grosz, Sy Johnson, Dick Katz, Bill Kirchner, Steve Kuhn,
Boots Maleson, Marian McPartland, Ray Moska, Joe Muranyi, Marty Napoleon,
Sam Parkins, Ed Polcer, Scott Robinson, Loren Schoenberg, Daryl Sherman,
Nancy Stearns, Carol Sudhalter, Ronny Whyte, Jackie Williams, and Marshall
Wood.

Plus, there will be spoken tributes from Albert Haim, Dan Morgenstern, Pat
Phillips, Don Quinn, Daryl Sherman, and Terry Teachout.

This is certainly going to be a beautiful remembrance.  If you're in the
area, please join us - and tell your friends about it.  Here's the info:

MONDAY, JANUARY 12

7:00 - 10:00 p.m.

A Memorial Concert for

RICHARD M. SUDHALTER: Author, Musician, Jazz Historian

St. Peter's Lutheran Church

619 Lexington Avenue at 54th Street

New York, NY

And, yes, it's FREE.

If you can make it, please find a moment to say hello to me before or after
the event.  Hope to see you there.

Dan Levinson

www.danlevinson.com