[Dixielandjazz] OT CD: Ambrose "Hors d'oeuvres"

budtuba at aol.com budtuba at aol.com
Tue Jan 6 10:58:59 PST 2009

 David,

Jerry Brown's Jazz 'n' Blues' last list offered

Ambrose and his Orchestra, "Hors d'oeuvres", Vocalion LTD 2009

--Sheik

 Years ago I took an evening course in conversational French and we met at spinster lady professor's home once each week.? The lessons were roughly set up as scripts as in a play.? She had a visitor join us one evening from Sierra Leone, so the class could converse with a person native in French.?

The script included trying some 'hors d'ouvres" and this guy who had never seen the word before...said in heavily accented English:
" What ees theece..as would you say, whore's ovaries?"

Roy (Bud) Taylor
Smugtown Stompers Jazz Band
Trad Jazz since 1958...we ain't just whistling dixie!