[Dixielandjazz] FW: Dixieland Jazz, Eddie Condon

Jim Kashishian jim at kashprod.com
Sat Jan 3 14:21:49 PST 2009

Jim Kashishian commented:
> I'm not too sure when multitrack recording appeared in the U.S.,

And, Bill answered:
>The short answer is the mid 60s.

That would be about right, Bill, as the first multitrack recording I appear
on (in Madrid) was in 1969. I then spent the next 25 years as a session
musician in the Madrid studios. The quirks of separation are something I
know about, as are mixing, etc., due to following my years on the musician's
side of the glass, I then continued on as a sound engineer.

By the way, all the talk we read on DJML about the collection agencies &
royalties.....I am paid royalties on all past recordings I made, when played
live, on air, recorded again, etc...worldwide. So, these agencies have their
bad & good side for the working musician.

Jim