[Dixielandjazz] Where to hear jazz in SF this weekend.

James O'Briant jobriant at garlic.com
Thu Jan 1 19:53:11 PST 2009

Paul Edgerton asks:

> I'll be a tourist in SF this weekend. Any suggestions
> for some good listening?

Ted Shafer's Jelly Roll Jazz Band plays from 7 - 10 PM at Champa
Restaurant, 3550 San Pablo Dam Road, El Sobrante, CA.

This should be a fun night.  It's a "delayed" New Year's
observance, and 2009 also marks the 50th anniversary of the
founding of Ted Shafer's Jelly Roll Jazz Band in 1959.  We expect
a lot of guests sitting in with the band....

Jim O'Briant
Tuba