[Dixielandjazz] Remembering Blossom Dearie

Stephen G Barbone barbonestreet at earthlink.net
Thu Feb 26 08:15:48 PST 2009

If you are a Blossom Dearie fan, or a fan of satirical songs like "I'm
Hip", you might wish to listen to the following program on the
internet from WBAI in New York City.

Cheers,
Steve Barbone
www.barbonestreet.com
www.myspace.com/barbonestreetjazzband

Sunday, March 1st, 2009 9:00PM-11:00PM  On the internet at
<www.wbai.org>, click on the "listen live" button. Or, if you can't
tune in at that time, it will be available 24/7 during the following
next week. Simply click on the "archive" button.
This Sunday  "EVERYTHING OLD IS NEW AGAIN" will feature the music of

BLOSSOM DEARIE

Also a "Live On-Air" Panel Discussion on the Art, Career, & Life of
the late Blossom Dearie with:

JAMES GAVIN, REX REED, DONALD SCHAFFER & DARYL SHERMAN

Some of the songs from her career that you will hear Ms Dearie sing
are::

"I Like You, You're Nice", "I'm Hip", "Peel Me, A Grape", "I'm
Shadowing You", "Hey John", "Once Upon A Summertime","Dearie's Blues",
"Rhode Island Is Famous For You", "Bye Bye, Country Boy", "Let Me Love
You", "Lovin' In The Present Tense", "Bobby And Me", "Bruce", "My
Attorney Bernie", "The Party's Over", "After Me"  and More of YOUR
REQUESTS!

REQUESTS OR QUESTIONS? Email your favorite Blossom Dearie Song or
Questions for the Panel Discussion, to David Kenney, email address:  oldisnew at earthlink.net