[Dixielandjazz] Roger Wolfe Kahn Orchestra

Bill Haesler bhaesler at bigpond.net.au
Wed Feb 25 19:01:17 PST 2009

On 22/02/2009 Marek Boym wrote :
> Gee, much better than jazz literature would have us to believe.  So
> far, I've only seen once.  On the strength of that one video, perhaps
> I should get some Kahn recordings (have one number on a Jack Teagarden
> compilation).

Dear Marek,
Sorry to be late with this reply.
If you want an excellent compilation of 'hot dance' music by Roger
Wolfe Kahn, I recommend Jazz Oracle BDW 8013 'Recorded in New York
1925-1932'.
It includes the number you mention with Jack Teagarden, which I assume
is "She's A Great, Great Girl".
Kind regards,
Bill.