[Dixielandjazz] Annette Hanshaw in Bharat (was Betty Boop in India)

Bill Haesler bhaesler at bigpond.net.au
Sun Feb 15 18:29:42 PST 2009

M J (Mike) Logsdon wrote:
> Good for you, Bill!  But tsk tsk!  Via Senor Barbone's link I've
> turned on untold others to this wonderful film already.  So it was
> Rollini after all, eh?  But is the clarinet Dorsey or Goodman???

Dear Mike,
No need for a tsk or two. My mate Stephano Barboni can take it.
He's a big boy now.
8>)
But clarinet on what?
On "Who's That Knockin' At My Door" in the soundtrack for the Sita
segment Adrian Rollini plays bass sax and his 'hot fountain pen'.
For "What Wouldn't I Do For That Man" used on Abdication of Sita (16
Sept 1929) the clarinet player is unknown.
For the song "Daddy Won't You Please Come Home" (31 May 1929), used
for Hanuman Finds Sita, the clarinet is played by Jimmy Dorsey.
Kind regards,
Bill.