[Dixielandjazz] French Traditional Jazz

Kevin Yeates kyeates at yahoo.com
Sun Feb 15 10:07:14 PST 2009

I am looking to submit my band's application to a local festival that celebrates all things French.  We play traditioal jazz and am hoping we can do a set of French pieces.  Sidney Bechet is an obvious souce but everythhig of his I have heard is instrumental.  I am wanting to have many vocal charts in French.

I have found some New Orlenas stuff with French titles but no Frecnh lyrics.Eh La Bas is a no-brainer but unfortunately my knowledge of tunes with French Lyrics ends there. The only lyrics I have for Creole Belles are in English.

Does anyone have some ideas of some New Orleans trad jazz tunes that have French lyrics?

Kevin Yeates
Vancovuer, Canada