[Dixielandjazz] Verse to 100yrs from 2day

Gary Kiser gary at kiser.org
Mon Feb 9 08:16:18 PST 2009

Thanks much.  That was the ticket.

A couple of comments on chords though.  In bars 6, 14 and 30, I prefer
Ab7M / Db9 rather than the Ab / Abm.  Yes, Db9 and Abm are substitutes,
but I like the Db in the bass.

And, the second half of the bridge, I prefer bouncing Cm7 / F7 for two
bars rather that a straight F7.  It has a fatter sound.

I have no idea how Young, Washington and Young wrote the tune, these are
just my preferences.

Here are some references.  The music here has the Ab to Abm bar 6.

chords : http://www.massifjazz.com/tunes/Hundred_Years_From_Today_g.jpg
music : http://www.massifjazz.com/tunes/Hundred_Years_From_Today_m.jpg
words : http://www.massifjazz.com/tunes/Hundred_Years_From_Today_l.pdf

All the best, Gary