[Dixielandjazz] You the Liivng

Daniel Augustine ds.augustine at mail.utexas.edu
Sun Feb 8 07:55:00 PST 2009

Folks--
     A friend of mine loaned me a movie on DVD and i watched it last
night.  It had a great soundtrack, with a really fine dixieland-tuba
player.
     The movie was called "You the Living" (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0445336/
) and is apparently Swedish from 2007.  The credits at the end list
the Stockholm Classic Jazz Band and also Papa Bue's Jazz Band, but the
(presumably fictitious) band in the movie called themselves the
Louisiana Brass Band.
     The playing was very good, but i missed the titles of the tunes,
and have no idea who the fine tuba-picker was.  Anyone know?

     Dan
**  Dan Augustine  --  Austin, Texas  --  ds.augustine at mail.utexas.edu
**    "We believe in musical evolution, not revolution.  There are
**     enough revolutionary musicians playing revolting music."
**                   -- Turk Murphy (1915-1987)