[Dixielandjazz] Underground jazz in USSR-- Don Jones

Marek Boym marekboym at gmail.com
Sat Feb 7 15:46:24 PST 2009

Have heard both here.
To understand what it was like, perhaps you could find the Russian
film "The Saints Go marcing In" (Sviatye Marshiruyut" in Russian).  A
good film, with good music and thhat ace pianist, a stalwart of the
Leningrad jazz scene, David Goloshchokin.
No idea whether English-speaking (or subtitled) versions exist I've
seen it in Russian, and understood most of it (albeit not all - I know
some Russian, but it is not is not my mother tongue).
Regards