[Dixielandjazz] For the Banjo Players

Gluetje1 at aol.com Gluetje1 at aol.com
Sat Feb 7 13:59:19 PST 2009

Hi Larry,
Everything you say is true.  But I still get to keep my resentment of  the
current popularity of 5 - string if I want to.  And like you it does  bore me if
it goes on longer than 15 minutes.  Of course Bela Fleck is the  exception
that proves the rule.  Actually I know a few other  exceptions.  There is a
great act in the Tucson area built around a  phenomenal 5-string player.  Too
senile to come up with his complicated  name at the moment.  It is also correct
that four string came later,  therefore I termed it an "evolution".

Ginny
P.S.  Incessant was the key word.  Their are plenty of  four-string players
who only know how to play something incessant and  annoying.  I have no one in
mind at the moment but there are also horn  players who repeat the same licks
too often.

In a message dated 2/7/2009 2:50:16 P.M. Central Standard Time,