[Dixielandjazz] Backing Tracks

Barb Jordan jordan_barb at hotmail.com
Fri Feb 6 11:49:58 PST 2009

Hi all,

I am wondering if anyone an assist....

I am trying to find out the best, (simplest but with good quality) way to obtain tracks to old trad, swing jazz standards as well as other standards to sing with.

I have been unable to find a pianist to accompany me, and I have a gig offer in my city to sing at a fine dining establishment (more as background music - which is ok by me). So I am attempting to go solo... with the background tracks. I have approximately 60 standards waiting to go.  ( I know this is not a lot compared to the vast amount of songs some of you have played over the years - but I think it is a respectable number.  The gig would be on a rotation basis every 2-3 months on a Friday and Saturday night. Basically dinner music (6pm - 10pm)

I have researched Band in the Box, but it is no longer sold in Canada. I would like to try it out before buying anything. There must be other similar products.

Any help/suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Barbara Jordan

Burlington, Ontario, Canada