[Dixielandjazz] Foolish Questions

Kevin Yeates kyeates at yahoo.com
Sun Feb 1 19:23:28 PST 2009

I have a recording of a folk/bluegrass group doing a piece called "Foolish Questions".  When I heard them perform it live they said it was originally a jazz piece from the 20's 0r 30's.  They performed it as a recitation rather than singing it with the melody.

I have the words, I have the chords.  I just don't have the orginal melody.  Does anyone know where I can hear an on-line recording of it?

The lyrics for the first verse are:

You've all heard foolish questions and no doubt wonder why,
Someone will ask you a foolish question but expect a sensible reply
Like when you take your girl some candy, say, just after tea.
The first thing she'll do is wrinkle up her nose and ask, "Is it for me?"

Kevin Yeates
Vancouver, Canada