[Dixielandjazz] One more thought about Mad About the Boy

Stephen G Barbone barbonestreet at earthlink.net
Wed Dec 30 12:48:03 PST 2009

What is really amazing about the tune is the very different versions
of it that have been done over the years. I urge folks to hear the
following, especially the last one below. Very poignant. Does anyone
do it as a Dixieland song? I am revisiting it with that thought in
mind, as a funky lilt.

Follow the below link for Greta Keller's version of Mad About The Boy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kUnn6GxUvD0

Or for Gertrude Lawrence's version go to:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OJddj82CeTk&feature=related

Or for Sylvia Syms,with a good explanation of the tune and wonderful
phrasing / feeling go to:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YyPm2TB8su0&feature=related

Cheers,
Steve Barbone