[Dixielandjazz] The Princess and The Frog

Stephen G Barbone barbonestreet at earthlink.net
Mon Dec 28 13:11:59 PST 2009

> David M Richoux <tubaman at tubatoast.com> wrote (polite snip)
>
> Hi all,
>
> You may recall I mentioned seeing a trailer for this film and
> commenting on it a while back - much of the soundtrack and featured
> songs are very much OKOM! Just as the "Jungle Book" featured the style
> (and musicians) of New Orleans jazz revival, Randy Newman has been
> exploring Jelly Roll Morton and Louis Armstrong for his composition
> for this new animation. I have not seen the film yet, but it is high
> on my list.

Hi Dave:

The movie was fun for this old guy. The soundtrack includes various
genres of new Orleans music from close to Dixieland, through Funk, to
Hip Hop. ALL very tuneful to my ears. Much of the soundtrack is
available now on You Tube. For a Dixieland type song go to:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=df90xfeunAg&feature=related

For a little funk try:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pyCxYuEQuMU&feature=related

For hip hop try "Never Knew I Needed"  by "Ne Yo" (Def Jam Recording
Artist)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gonU_KPbjCc&feature=fvw

For more, just search You Tube, or google <The Princess and The Frog
Soundtrack>

It is a fun movie for kids and old folks like me.

Cheers,
Steve Barbone
www.myspace.com/barbonestreetjazzband