[Dixielandjazz] New Orleans Jazz, JRM and Disney's "Princess and the Frog"

David M Richoux tubaman at tubatoast.com
Sun Dec 27 19:02:48 PST 2009

Hi all,

You may recall I mentioned seeing a trailer for this film and
commenting on it a while back - much of the soundtrack and featured
songs are very much OKOM! Just as the "Jungle Book" featured the style
(and musicians) of New Orleans jazz revival, Randy Newman has been
exploring Jelly Roll Morton and Louis Armstrong for his composition
for this new animation. I have not seen the film yet, but it is high
on my list.

This link is to an article in the Los Angeles Times about the
soundtrack:

http://tinyurl.com/yb7v5f4  or
http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/music_blog/2009/12/pop-hiss-goes-to-the-movies-randy-newman-explores-the-sounds-of-new-orleans-for-the-princess-and-the.html

David Richoux