[Dixielandjazz] Christmas Rap

Stephen G Barbone barbonestreet at earthlink.net
Fri Dec 25 07:02:53 PST 2009

Dan and Bob:

There are all kinds of Christmas Rap albums out there. Suggest anyone
who wants to get hip to Christmas Rap, google search "Christmas Rap".

Or, just check out the following example: (Christmas Rap has been on
the scene since at leas the mid 1980s)

Does it surprise anyone that Christmas Rap is more popular in the USA,
than all of OKOM?

Cheers,
Steve Barbone
http://www.myspace.com/barbonestreetjazzband

Christmas Rap Songs

Something some people may not realize is there are actually rap songs
made for Christmas. I saw this assignment on AC's list and decided to
go ahead and go for it. I did some researching and some listening to
many tracks I've never heard before and put together a list of Rap
songs made just for Christmas.

When searching for songs and albums one I found that would probably
shock most is Death Row Records putting out a Christmas album! Thats
right, Death Row as in 2Pac, Snoop, Dre, Dogg Pound, and Suge Knight.
They put out"Christmas On Death Row" on December 5th, 1996, which was
shortly after 2Pac's death and while everyone was coming down on
gangsta rap hard. They made this CD as a form of charity to the
community. In total it sold 200,000 copies. You can see more info on
the entire albumright here.

Also another big Rap/Hip-Hop Christmas album was"Christmas Rap"
released in 1993. Check it out right here.

Ok moving on to the actual list of Christmas Rap songs. In no
particular order here are 10 Christmas Rap songsI would recommend you
to check out, all click-able links:

Christmas In Hollis - Run DMC

Santa Clause Goes Straight To The Ghetto - Snoop Dogg

Be Thankful - Nate Dogg & Butch Cassidy

This Christmas - Danny Boy

Christmas In The Ghetto - O.F.T.B.

Let The Jingle Bells Rock - Sweet Tee

He's Santa Claus - Disco 4

Chillin With Santa - Derek B

Ghetto Santa - Spyder-D

That's What I Want For Christmas - The Showboys