[Dixielandjazz] Word from Gary Church

Stanley A. Klein sklein at cpcug.org
Thu Dec 24 12:30:04 PST 2009

Bob -

Worrying never helps.  Tell him to get out that "Can you hear me in the
rear" Boondockers CD and play it. Hopefully, that will help start him
laughing and get him to relax.  He could also work on thinking up new
items for the "Big Book of Thump."

Also, he might begin thinking about playing string bass.  I remember that
when Wild Bill Whalen had heart trouble he switched from trumpet to string
bass and kept on playing.

Tell him I (and probably a lot of others) am looking forward to seeing him
again in Logan.

Stan Klein