[Dixielandjazz] Miss Pettigrew

Jim Kashishian jim at kashprod.com
Wed Dec 23 03:05:31 PST 2009

I saw a a very pleasant film (new, 2008) on television (on Sky from the
U.K.) called "Miss Pettigrew Lives For A Day".  It was set in the 1930's,
and the music was great!  The titles were too small on the tv screen at the
end to see who did the music, but it seemed to be a film made in the U.K.

I googled the film and found that the score was by Paul Englishby, recorded
at Air Lyndhurst in London (a studio I have been to several times).  So, at
least some of the music was actually done for the film, however there was a
lot of previously recorded music.  As I said, I couldn't read the credits.

Anyone know more?

Jim