[Dixielandjazz] Bringing jazz to younng audience

Marek Boym marekboym at gmail.com
Thu Dec 17 08:46:31 PST 2009

Hi,
Steve has been preaching this message for a long time, but it does not
seem to sink in.
Last night I attended another concert by the New Orleans Function.  I
have not heart that line-up before - they've replaced their soprano
sax player with Koby (that's what we use for Ya'ako, Jacob) Solomon on
clarinet.  The band sounded great, and the audience was mixed; for a
change, I might not have been the oldest.  But there were people of
all ages - the band, having busked for a long time and playing for
dancers, has a faithful young following (and the oldest member is
probably younger than my younger son).
Cheers